Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Big Brother



Dear Carter,


I know it is hard being a big brother sometimes. Mom and Dad expect a lot (too much) out of you. I know that it really rocked your little corner of the world when Collin was born. You suddenly had to share everything, Mom and Dad, your old clothes, toys, room, etc. If Collin starts crying, and you are the only one in the room, you get asked, "What happened?" Even if you were on the other side of the room and had absolutely nothing to do with it. I am trying to be better about that. You also are mommy's "little helper" when it comes to running after things for your brother: diapers, wipes, Kleenex, toys, books... (you get the picture). Most of the time you even do it willingly.


You just Love your little brother so much. Sometimes too much, frankly, your hugs to your brother scare us! And when you tickle him to make him laugh, I don't think you realize that when he stops laughing, it's not because it doesn't tickle anymore... it's because he has stopped breathing! Yeah, we need to work on that one.


It is fun to watch you play with your brother. Just today you were playing in your room and you invited him in to play, saying, "come on in, the boys are in here". You even offered him a truck to play with! Let me just tell you, that is Big. You are such a kind, loving, boy and a nice big brother (even when you are giving him hugs that may just make him start to turn a faint shade of blue). I can never tell you enough how proud I am of you. I just want you to remember he loves you and so do Dad and I.


Love,


Mom




1 comment:

  1. Adding another sibling is hard for all kids. Your transition has been great and you are doing a great job! P.S. We love your music! The kids are dancing to Taylor Swift as I type this. :)

    ReplyDelete