Thursday, September 9, 2010

Surprise!!

You know the kind of stories that you hear about other people and you think, how can that happen, that could never happen to me? Well it did happen to me. It all started a few weeks ago, 3 1/2 to be exact. I had an appointment with a new Ob/gyn. Mine sent a note out over the summer that he was moving out of state and would be gone by July. My yearly check-up was scheduled for Aug. 23rd so I would need to find someone soon. I called an office that I knew our insurance would cover and that I had heard good things about the doctor. They were able to get me in with no problem and I was even able to make my appointment for the same day as it was originally scheduled.

In the weeks leading up to my appointment, I noticed that throughout the day I was just not feeling quite right, tired, light headed, a little sick to my stomach. I know what you're all thinking... pregnant, right?... but I have been on the pill since my post pregnancy visit after having Collin. So I was expecting maybe some blood work would be done. Maybe my blood sugar was off or something was wrong with my thyroid.

But when I told him my symptoms. He was thinking what you're thinking... so he had me give a urine sample. I met him back in the room and he handed me a prescription. Now, I am expecting an update for my birth control pills, so I only half look at it. I am sure it was only seconds but it seemed more like minutes. I thought to myself, "wait a minute, you need to look at that again, I think it said Prenatal Vitamins!" So it took me a second of reading it super slow to realize, Yes... I did see that right... that is what it said... and I even thought, why would he want me to take those?! So we talked about it and I even asked him if this was some kind of new patient trick they pull on people. He assured me it was not.

I scheduled a sonogram for the following Monday, and it was confirmed.

I am pregnant!

It is still very early. I was 9 weeks on Wednesday. But the doctor said that seeing what he did on the sono there was only a 1% chance of miscaraige at this point.

Now that the shock has worn off we are so excited to be having a new bundle of joy entering our lives in approx. 7 months.

We will keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Congratulations :)! But I gotta tell ya, these kind of stories make me a little nervous, because I too take the pill every night right before bed like clock work. Just goes to show you that if it's meant to be it will happen anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wouldn't a little "pink" surprise be the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Traci, that would be wonderful! Although, I'm not getting my hopes up. For some reason I think I am destine to have all boys!

    ReplyDelete