Yesterday was officially 12 weeks pregnant with baby number 3. I had an appointment last week and baby's heart beat was around 170, taken with the fetal heart tone monitor. Last week I also noticed that the morning (all day) sickness was starting to taper off. It was becoming an every other day or only once a day thing instead of all day every day. I have to say this week seems to be even better. It is always the 12 week mark for me.
And this pregnancy is the same... does that mean another boy?
Since we have found out we were pregnant, the question of finding out gender has been thrown around. We did not find out with Carter or Collin and it was the best surprise ever. With both of the boys I was the hold out. If it were up to Robert, we definitely would have found out. But both times he thanked me afterward for making us wait. With the surprise we got this time (of being Pregnant!) we were both sure we would find out this time. But after hearing from a friend that they didn't find out with #1 and 2 and then found out with #3 and that they wished they would have waited, it has gotten us thinking about it. Robert was the first to say, I think we should wait... I think he's right... After all how many surprises do we really get!
So I'd like to hear what you have to say. What did you do in your personal experiences, and would you do it again? When I was pregnant with Collin my Dr. told me that we were in the minority, with not finding out. He said upwards of 90% of his patients find out! Wow! That means most of you out there probably found out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We didn't find out with any of ours, and even though the suspense is tough to take, I loved not knowing! Once you're an adult, how many more awesome surprises do you get?
ReplyDeleteGlad you are starting to feel better!! It was around 12 weeks with me both times that the yucky sickness started to go away. We found out both times, I am just not that patient about something like that and I am a planner. Plus I had conections with the ultrasound nurse at my Dr. office so we could "look" almost everytime I went as long as she didn't have a scheduled appointment :). With Keenan we wanted to be able to tell Trinity if she was going to have a brother or sister. Kudos to you if you are able to wait that long, that is super patient!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! We found out our first two times, and then were surprised the third time. I have to say I prefered knowing. I am a total planner though, I like to have everything all in order :) Sounds to me like you are a surprise person though so I would say wait!!!
ReplyDeleteYou already know where I stand but regardless of what you do it will be a blessing either way! You can't make a wrong decision...but the reward is so worth it at the end. You can make it 28 or so more weeks. :)
ReplyDelete