Thursday, March 10, 2011

We're gonna go, go, go...

This is Carter's new favorite cartoon.


Keeping with the story line of the Cat in the Hat book, each episode starts out with these two kids...



Sally and Nick. Who are bored and have nothing to do. So the Cat in the Hat appears and fixes that for them. Unlike the book, where in my opinion, they're just making a mess and cleaning it up. Don't get me wrong, I like the book. But, the PBS cartoon always has a little more of an educational spin to it. Which I like even better! :)

The first time that we watched the cartoon, one line that the Cat says caught my attention. In each episode he asks the kids if they want to go somewhere and then he says, "Your mother will not mind at all if you do". At first I was a little taken back by a "stranger" saying this to the kids. This is the kind of comment that we are supposed to be trying to protect our kids from, Right?? But the kids do ask for permission from their mom every time. So I guess that makes me feel a little better that they are at least asking for permission. That, and I have talked to Carter about not going with strangers.

Anyway, back to the point of my blog...

Carter has started to notice this part of the cartoon. The other day he said to me, "every time the kids ask their mom if they can go on an adventure, she Always says Yes!" He was in such shock!

Now, I have to add that the things they are asking her are outrageous and she is always half laughing at how ridiculous the question is when she says Yes to them.

So after Carter told me this for the second day in a row I just had to ask him... "What would your Mom say?"

His reply, "Sometimes yes... sometimes No."

Well... at least I say yes sometimes! Because, I am sure there will come a time (teen/ pre-teen years) when he tells me that all I say is No.

No comments:

Post a Comment