Thursday, April 7, 2011

So here we are...

A couple of weeks ago my friend Leah took me to get a pedicure, out to eat and then shopping. Seems to be our "before baby" tradition now. I think next time we are going to have to do it when there are not any babies in the near future though. (Unless it's your turn Leah!?!? *hint, hint*wink, wink*) I got my hair cut last week, and my mom came and helped me clean last weekend. Yep, I think I'm papmered and ready for this new little one to join our family.


We are down to only hours before we head to the hospital to find out what this "mystery" baby is going to be. I am going to be induced tomorrow and have been instructed to report to the hospital at 6am. Now this is not my first induction, so I have absolutely no preconceived notion that anything is going happen too quickly. I am just hoping to see the face of this beautiful baby sometime tomorrow and not still be in labor at 12:01 Saturday morning! We met my mom for supper tonight and she took the boys to spend the night at her house tonight. Thanks, Mom! I know the boys are excited. It always makes me feel better when they are excited to go. Carter could hardly get rid of us soon enough. He even told Robert that we couldn't stay. As we tried to kiss and hug Collin good bye he was pointing to Grandma's van and saying "van, van". Even after we put him in her van he pointed to the door and said "close". Sure... I could say that it makes me feel a little unwanted, but honestly, it just makes me happy to know that they will be happy while they have to be away from us.


Tomorrow Carter has school and my sister-in-law, Holly, is going to be dropping off and picking him up for that and then keeping the boys during the day tomorrow. I don't know what we would do without you, Holly. We Love you! I have had a couple of people ask if Carter is excited for the baby to come. But right now he is just so excited about seeing his cousins that the baby is just an after thought.

This morning Collin fell on the sidewalk outside our front door and skinned up his lip. I was worried at first that his teeth went through his lip. It was bleeding pretty good. Luckily he just tore some skin with his teeth on the inside and got road rash on the outside. Poor fella could hardly even eat anything today though because of how raw it was. I wish I had a picture of his ouchie to share. I am sure you'll be able to see it when we get pictures of him with the new baby though. Robert said today, "why do I have a feeling he is going to be our first child to get a cast?" I guess these are the things you think of when you are not only a father but also an orthopedic PA.

Well, I think this will probably be my last post as a family of 4. Hopefully the next time I am on here I will be able to announce the joy of a new, healthy, happy, baby ______ ! I know the suspense is just killing so many of you! I love it! Hehehe

1 comment:

  1. You've been on my mind all day! Will be praying for smooth, fast, healthy,& strong! I'm so excited for all of you! Can't wait to meet your new little person!

    ReplyDelete