Thursday, April 29, 2010

The recovery process

Okay... so I'm not doing very good at this blogging stuff so far. I think about it a lot and what I should be posting, but it just doesn't get done. Anyway, here it goes for blog number 2...

Well, the recovery process went well. Being on the crutches though... I won't lie... was Awful! But it really seemed to have gone quickly. There was a time in there, a few weeks post surgery, when I was really starting to wonder if I was ever going to be able to simple things. Such as... lifting my own leg. And guess what... I Can! I am now able to do most of the things I was doing before, taking walks, sitting on the floor, carrying my children, and I can bend my knee to a little more then 90 degrees. (130 degrees is all the way up to the back of your thigh) Progressing nicely!

This is my fifth week of going to physical therapy and my first week with no restrictions... AKA, it gets harder. I should only have one more month of therapy, this week included. The good news is, I have very, very minimal pain. I would say no pain, but every once in a while I turn the wrong way or have a kid land on it while I'm sitting on the floor :)(accidentally of course).

It has definitely been a challenge for our family, but I think we have all handled it relatively well. Even if Robert does say, on a regular basis, "I need a vacation!". We are in the process of getting one planned sometime June 2-8. I don't know if it is going to be soon enough, but at least it is something to look forward too.

1 comment:

  1. I think you've handled all your recent challenges fantastically! I am way, way impressed. Now.....go plan that vacation!

    ReplyDelete