Friday, May 28, 2010

29 and 7 years ago

Last Friday, May 21st, was my 29th birthday. I went to a new eye doctor a couple days before and found out that my prescription had changed significantly. I knew that it would, I have been having trouble seeing road signs and such lately. My main reason for making an appointment though, was that I did not have any contacts left. I tore a contact on our ski trip and used my last one when we got back. With everything else going on I guess didn't think a whole lot more about it. Until, I tore another one and I didn't have any left. I wore it with a tear in it (if you wear contacts you know how painful this is) until I could get into see a new Doctor. On the day of my appointment it ripped all the way though and I had to wear my glasses. I don't think my glasses were even up to date with my contact prescription... they are 10 years old... possibly more. So if you were on the road that day while I was out and about, I apologize! But, getting back to being 29... The new eye doctor was looking through my chart and said, "I see you are going to be 19 on Friday". I thought he was just being nice, maybe funny, so I went along with it. I kind of laughed and said, "yeah, 19". Turns out he was serious, just miscalculated the date. Darn. Like I told him, "I guess I don't have to start lying about my age until next year." I did get these new glasses though.

My husband says they are much more hip then my last pair... what do you expect, it has been 10 years.


Monday, May 24th, was my 7th wedding anniversary to the love of my life.

If you were to ask these two kids where they would be and what they would be doing in 7 years, chances are they would not have come anywhere close to what our lives have turned out to be today. I wouldn't change a minute. Love you honey!

Robert set me these on Thursday for my Birthday and our Anniversary...



Then, on Sunday, we got these for each other...

(The bikes, not the children)

No comments:

Post a Comment