Monday, June 14, 2010

The gig is up.

Bedtime and nap time, for Collin, have been coming with some minor difficulties ever since he learned to pull himself up to standing position in his bed. He would Not sit himself down. I knew that he knew how to do this small task. He sits back down from standing all day long. But he refused to sit down in bed. I hate listening to him cry, so I would go back into his room multiple times. (I know, big no- no) Bedtime was taking the good part of an hour. But this past week, after only one night of letting him cry himself to sleep. Which, honestly, he did not even cry for that long. He has been laying right down after we walk away and putting himself to sleep. Last night Robert said, the gig is up, we know he can do it now. He's not going to be able to fool us any longer. Good job Collin... this is Big Boy stuff!
Every night so far he has laid down right on top of his blanket so that we have to get another one out. Too Funny!

Sweet dreams, Little Love...

1 comment:

  1. Haahaa! We've been noticing Anthony give himself away too. I will ask him to do something he usually won't do, but every once in a while he shows he understands and follows instruction. Each time, I'm like, "AHA!! I KNEW you weren't slow!" Little stinker has had me thinking he wasn't as quick as his brother, but instead he's just a little scam artist! Sneaky, sneaky.

    ReplyDelete