Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Camping

I am a little behind on some of the blogs that I want to get posted so I better get started.
A couple of weekends ago we decided to blow the dust off our tent and take Collin on his first camping trip. We headed down to Sangchris Lake and found a spot. It wasn't in the campground that we were hoping to get in. Most of the good site were already taken. So we decided if we weren't going to be right on the water, anyway... Why be crowded? We chose a spot on one of the other campgrounds were there were only three campers, an RV and us. So it was a nice quiet spot were we didn't have to worry too much about being too quiet ourselves. First thing, we set up the tent. the boys had a blast just playing around in it. Then after getting a campfire going Robert and Carter decided to go try out Carter's new fishing pole.
While Collin, Hannah and I stayed back and rested and played with some toys.
They came back just in time to start getting supper ready. Complete with s'mores and pudgy pies... Yum Yum!
It was great sleeping weather and the boys did awesome... except for the fact that we were all up by 5:30 am and Collin found the keys and set off our car alarm by 6am. Oops... (Sorry if you were in that RV or one of those campers a few weekends back.) We were at least able to keep the boys in the tent until about 7. At which time we got up, and made breakfast. After washing breakfast dishes...(Carter drying dishes. He's such a good helper!)

Robert and Carter went fishing while Collin, Hannah and I stayed back and started packing everything up and went for a little walk... I mean little... Collin actually walked... and then we had to stop and take a few of these...
Before leaving we had lunch and Collin decided he better take one last nap in the tent before packing it back up and saying good bye.

Hope we can get a few more camping trips in before it gets too cold out. We are hoping to maybe go camping Saturday night with my brother and sister-in-law.

2 comments:

  1. What is a pudgy pie?? I do know what a s'more is, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pudgy pie is two pieces of toasted bread with a filling. We use cherry pie filling. (You can you any fruit and I have also heard of using pizza toppings) A pudgy pie maker looks like two mini cast iron skillets on hotdog sticks. You butter the bread, butter side down, put the filling in between two pieces of bread and close the two irons together and toast it over the campfire. Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete