4 yrs old - Blond Hair - Brown Eyes - 42in. tall - 36lbs.
Will eat most anything.
Will at very least try it without complaining.
Does Not say, "I don't like that", "I don't want that", before even trying it. (Sometimes before even seeing it.)
The boy I have right now only wants to eat PB J's or Pizza.
If you have my child please bring him back!
We miss him Very much and do not know how much more of this "picky" child we can take.
I am pretty sure mine has been accidentally mixed up with someone else's and I would like to get this straightened out ASAP!
___________________________
I really hope this is just a phase he is going through... I'm really trying to be patient.



I feel your pain, Erin. Cute post though. I've found that the more I fight them, the more they fight me with food. I am a stickler for making them eat healthy food (or at least a good balance), so I had a hard time with it when my guys started being picky. They go in spurts: sometimes they just chow down on whatever I give them, other times they won't touch a thing. The most effective thing I have found is to cut out snack time. That makes us eat dinner really early, but I've found that they'll eat almost anything when they've been denied their afternoon snack. Either way, it's a phase, and you can just sneak pureed foods in if you're worried about getting his veggies. I try to keep a stock of frozen carrot/sweet potato puree to mix into mac-n-cheese or spaghetti sauce.
ReplyDeleteJust breathe, and know that this will probably pass, just like the other phases.
Thanks, Lacy! Good idea to get rid of the afternoon snack. I think he is just going through a phase where he's not as hungry as usual so he has the option of saying that he doesn't like what we're having because his body just doesn't really need the food. (Isn't that what's supposed to be going on with my 18 mo. old... not my 4yo.) Luckily, the veggies have not been a big problem yet. It is usually just the main dish of whatever it is we are having. It's not like I am trying out a bunch of new recipes either. It is all food that he has eaten before! I guess it could be worse... ;)
ReplyDelete