Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What is in a name?

I think my friend may be starting to get a little worried for me. She gave me this book to take and look through...

That right... We don't have names picked out yet.

I suppose she's probably right... with 6 1/2 weeks left to go, we probably better be thinking about a name for baby #3!

So help me out... We are really having a hard time with the whole name thing this time around. What are your suggestions? Be serious, we might just hear something we like. :)

Thanks again for letting us borrow your book, Amanda!

6 comments:

  1. Elyse for a girl...or any of my boys' names. I won't begrudge you if you use them! I think "Silas" would go well with your boys' names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron says Lizzy for a girl
    Molly says Emily for a girl
    Amanda says Emily for a girl

    Cameron says Henry for a boy
    Molly says Thomas for a boy
    Amanda says I want it to be a girl

    p.s. Molly wants it to be a girl as well :)
    Sorry, Cameron wants it to be a boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going for another "C" name?? If not we loved the name Hailey for a girl but it never would have been pronounced right with our last name....Hailey (as in the commet) Nalley (mispronounced to rhyme with Hailey as in the commet) or Hailey (as in Berry) Nalley (pronounced the correct way to rhyme with Hailey as in Berry) we just couldn't do that to our poor girl :(. But I still love the name! Maverick for a boy that was our second pick for Keenan (which is why Maverick is his middle name :)). We like to go with your non-traditional names! Maybe you could tell us if it's a boy or girl and that would help narrow it down ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe you'll see what our thoughts were (for a girl) as you look through the book... For a boy, I've always liked Bailey, Asher, Elijah, and Isaiah. I think Bonnie mentioned Hunter... Like that one too...:) Carl has a nice ring to it;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...I could ramble on and on about names. I actually did, then tried to post my comment and poof, gone! So I'll try to condense!

    Good websites for browsing...
    Nymbler
    BabyNameWizard
    Nameberry

    If you need more books I own a library! I've been collecting name books since before I was married! I'm always happy to loan them out!

    You guys popped into my mind this morning with the name Carrigan/Kerrigan for a girl.

    Names my brother and sister in law talked about that I really liked...Langley(girl), Ryerson(boy).

    I like sticking with the C or even K, but that stems from my own childhood issues! =)
    Favorite "C" name vetoed by my family, Clara. No matter how much I liked it, my kids only think of Clarabelle the cow. Oh well! Cy was a major front runner on the boys list for this one in our house.

    Other names that go well with your guys...

    Girls ~
    Cassidy, Charlotte, Claire, Kendyl, Kinley or McKinley, Audrey, Ella, Darby

    Boys~
    Cooper, Cole, Campbell, Chase, Gavin, Grant, Garrett, Hudson

    I too think Carl, Carlos, or Carlie would be just dandy!

    Didn't manage to make it much more concise! Sorry! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete