I know it's a little hard to see. But it is a bunch of letters inside a big bubble.
After breakfast this morning Carter wanted a piece of paper so he could "write". A little later he brought this to me, and asked me if I liked it. I asked him if he could explain it to me. (I hate it when I think his drawings are one thing and they are really something totally different. So I have found that it is best if I have him explain them to me before I comment.)
He said, "sure, it's my hypopafis".
Me, "your Hypothesis?"
Carter, "Yep, I wrote down my hypothesis."
We may be lacking a little in this house... But Hypothesis? It's just not a word that we throw around on a daily basis. In fact I was not even sure if that was what he had really said or if I was putting words into his mouth.
So, I said, "What is a hypothesis?"
He said, "It's what I think, Mom."
Okay, so he did know what he was talking about. Silly me. I confirmed it with his teacher this afternoon, they have been learning about science and talking about hypothesis. We are so lucky to have him in such a great preschool!



No comments:
Post a Comment